Medifast Lean & Green Meals - Some Quick & Easy Lean & Green Menu Ideas

When you diet using Medifast, you get to enjoy a salutary lean & green meal that you make for yourself each day when you effect the 5 and 1 plan. Most Medifast dieters ordinarily opt to have their Lean & Green meal at dinnertime and I all the time did the same. In fact, I found that I had the best results by sticking to just a few basic menus while I was dieting. It kept me from worrying about what I was going to eat every day and so it kept me from thinking about cheating. So here are some quick and easy lean & green menu ideas to help keep your Medifast diet on track.

Chicken Caesar Salad

Kerala Home Designs

I lost over 60 lbs on Medifast, and I did it eating chicken Caesar salad about three or four nights per week. It was a quick and easy dinner selection that I could put together in about five minutes. Since it was so quick, I didn't mind cooking isolate meals for my family because I knew I wasn't going to spend all night in the kitchen.

To put in order my dinner, I ordinarily used pre-washed bags of romaine lettuce or I would pick up some Dole Caesar Salad Kits when they were on sale. You can cook your own chicken breast and dice it up, or you can do what I did -- buy packaged grilled chicken strips.

For variety, I ordinarily added some sun-dried tomato and occasionally mushrooms. Or if I had some bagged spinach, I'd mix my romaine lettuce with the spinach. You'll be having a full two cups of salad greens so mix them how you like. Just remember to leave off the croutons!

Asian Stir Fry

You can enjoy lots of stir fries for your Lean & Green meal and it can help keep things sharp because you can indubitably swap out the type of protein you use and the various types of vegetables. For oil, you can use a small amount of olive oil or try some sesame oil. If you use a non-stick pan, a small oil goes a long way.

My popular veggies are broccoli, green beans and some pepper and onion strips. Mushrooms all the time go into the mix too. Oh, and don't forget the garlic! Once you heat the oil up, you are going to add your vegetables and stir them constantly. They are done when the colors turn bright. Then add either diced and cooked chicken or shrimp and stir fry for other small or two and pass it all onto your plate. You won't even miss the rice!

Grilled Steak and Roasted Asparagus

I love steak and asparagus together, so this is other lean and green meal staple for me. For my steak, I use my George Foreman grill. I don't like to use a lot of the regular marinades sold at the supermarket because so many of them have sugar in them. Instead, I use a beer marinade. One can or bottle of beer, combined with some crushed garlic and some ground pepper and maybe a tablespoon of olive oil will make your meat moist and tasty while adding negligible calories. The alcohol burns itself off while cooking so you don't need to worry about that either.

For the roasted asparagus, I spread out my asparagus in a baking dish then drizzle it with either one tablespoon or olive oil or a tablespoon of low fat dressing (either Italian or Caesar). Then I toss the asparagus until they are all evenly covered and lie them out flat again. Grind some black pepper over them in stick in a 350 F degree oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on how crispy you like them.

So there you have, my three main staple menus for my lean and green meals on Medifast. All of them are quick and easy to throw together and hopefully you family will also enjoy eating them with you occasionally.

Medifast Lean & Green Meals - Some Quick & Easy Lean & Green Menu Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment